Saturday, April 5, 2008

Flat Stanely Letter Writing Rubric


Wow! I've never used Rubistar.com before but I will definitely use it again. It was so easy to use. I like how it can be accessed at home or school and can be edited at anytime. For this activity I chose to create a rubric for the letter writing portion of my Flat Stanley Project. It's great and I will use it to evaluate my students. Rubrics are great and can help students know how their projects, activities, and/or tests will be evaluated. By using rubrics students will know what to do and will follow the guidelines to get the score/point they want to earn. I myself appreciate it when my teachers use rubrics because it makes it easier for me to complete my assignments by following the guidelines provided by the instructor. It also gives me an idea of what my grade will be since everything required is stated. I hope that more teachers will use rubrics in their classrooms. It is a very helpful tool for both teachers and students.





No comments: